Friends Episode 2 Season 1:The one with the sonogram at the end.
老友记第1季第2集:超声波产检。
Part2
Ross: I, I think they’re great! I, I really do. I…
我,我觉得这个很好吃,真的。我。。。
Mr. Geller: Do you remember the Ludwins? The big one had a thing for you, didn’t she?
你还记得路金一家人?他们的大女儿喜欢你,对不?
Mrs. Geller: They all had a thing for him.
他们一家都很喜欢他。
Ross: Aw, Mom…
老妈,不要这样。
Monica: I’m sorry, why is this girl going to call me?
打扰一下,这个女孩为何要打电话给我?
Mrs. Geller: Oh, she just graduated, and she wants to be something in cooking, or food, or….I don’t know. Anyway, I told her you had a restaurant.
她刚毕业,想找份跟烹饪或食物有关的工作,或者。。。我不知道,不过,我告诉她你开了一家餐馆。
Monica: No, Mom, I don’t have a restaurant, I work in a restaurant.
不,妈,我没开餐馆,我是在餐馆工作。
Mrs. Geller: Well, they don’t have to know that.
他们不需要知道。
Monica: Ross, could you come and help me with the spaghetti, please?
spaghetti:意大利面。
Ross,能过来帮我做意大利面吗?
Mrs. Geller: Oh, we’re having spaghetti! That’s…. easy.
我们吃意大利面呀?这。。。太简单了。
Monica: Actually, we were going to have lasagna.
实际上,我们本来是要吃千层面的。
Mr. Geller: oh, I love lasagna.
哦,我喜欢千层面。
Monica: But now we are not having it.
不过我们现在没有了。
Mrs. Geller: Then why you bring it up. You know how he latches on.
chaotic:一片混乱的,一团糟的。
latch on:来劲儿。
那你为什么要提到这个呢?你知道他多么容易来劲。
Monica: I know this is going to sound unbelievably selfish on my part, but, were you planning on bringing up the whole baby/lesbian thing?
我知道这样从我的角度来说过于自私了,但是你准备说一下小孩和女同性恋的事吗?
Monica: Because I think it might take some of the heat off me.
因为我觉得这样或许可以让我喘口气。
Mrs. Geller: What that Rachel did to her life…. We ran into her parents at the club, they were not playing very well.
Rachel到底做了什么?我们在俱乐部碰到了她父母,他们很不开心。
Mr. Geller: I’m not gonna tell you what they spent on that wedding, but forty thousand dollars is a lot of money!
我不会告诉你们他们为婚礼花了多少钱,但是4万块真是很多钱啊。
Mrs. Geller: Well, at least she had the chance to leave a man at the altar.
至少她有机会把一个男人留在教堂的圣坛。
Monica: What’s that supposed to mean?
那是什么意思?
Mrs. Geller: Nothing! It’s an expression.
没什么,这就是一个表达而已。
Monica: No, it’s not.
不,不是的。
Mr. Geller: Don’t listen to your mother. You’re independent, and you always have been!
别听你♥妈♥的。你很独立,一直都是这样。
Mr. Geller: Even when you were a kid and you were chubby, and you had no friends, you were just fine!
chubby:胖乎乎的,圆胖的。
就连你小时候胖嘟嘟的一个朋友也没有的时候,你还是活得好好的。
Mr. Geller: And you would read alone in your room, and your puzzles.
你会待在你房里独自看书、玩拼图。
Mr. Geller: Look, there are people like Ross who need to shoot for the stars, with his museum, and his papers getting published.
shoot for stars:一飞冲天,很有成就的意思。
有些人需要干大事,比如罗斯,在博物馆工作,还发表了文章。
Mr. Geller: Other people are satisfied with staying where they are.
其他人则安於现状。
Mr. Geller: I’m telling you, these are the people who never get cancer.
告诉你,这种人不会得癌症。
Mr. Geller: They are happy with what they have, they are basically content like cows.
他们对所拥有的感到高兴和满足,就像奶牛一样。
Ross: Cows? Dad?
奶牛?爸爸?
Mr. Geller: She knows how much I love cows.
她知道我有多喜欢奶牛。
Mr. Geller:…And I read about these women trying to have it all, and I thank God ‘Our Little Harmonica’ doesn’t seem to have that problem.
我还知道这些女人想拥有一切,我想,天呐,幸好我们家的小摩妮卡没有这种问题。
Mr. Geller: I’m telling you, sweetheart, you’re gonna be fine.
我跟你说,你会没事的。
Monica: Thank you, Daddy.
谢谢,老爸。
Mrs. Geller: Oh, so this does work.
哦,这个还真的能用啊。
Monica: So, Ross, what’s going on with you?
罗斯,最近你怎么样?
Monica: Any stories? No news, no little anecdotes to share with the folks?
anecdote:奇闻、轶事。
最近有什么八卦、新闻、轶事之类可以和爸妈分享的吗?
Ross: Look, I, uh I realize you guys have been wondering what exactly happened between Carol and me, and, so, well, here’s the deal. Carol’s a lesbian.
听着,我,呃,我知道你们想了解我和卡萝之间倒底怎么了。事情是这样的,卡箩是个女同志。
Ross: She’s living with a woman named Susan.
她和一个名叫苏珊的女人同居。
Ross: She’s pregnant with my child, and she and Susan are going to raise the baby.
她怀了我的孩子,并打算和苏珊共同抚养他。
Mrs. Geller: And you knew about this? !
这些你早就知道了?
Joey: Your folks are really that bad, huh?
你的父母真的那么糟糕吗?
Ross: Well, you know, these people are pros.
你要知道这些人是专业人士。
Ross: They know what they’re doing, they take their time, they get the job done.
他们知道他们在做什么,他们等待机会,把事情做完。
Monica: Boy, I know they say you can’t change your parents…boy, if you could, I’d want yours.
天呐,我知道人们常说父母是无法更换的,如果可以,我要你的父母。
Ross: Must pee.
我要去尿尿了
Phoebe: You know, it’s even worse when you’re twins.
你们知道吗,如果你是双胞胎,情况会更惨。
Rachel: You’re twins?
你是双胞胎?
Phoebe: Yeah. We don’t speak. She’s like this high-powered, driven career type.
对,我们不往来。她就像是一心追求事业类型的人。
Chandler: What does she do?
她从事什么工作?
Phoebe: She’s a waitress.
她是个服务员。
Joey: Identical?
你们俩长的一样吗?
Phoebe: Yeah. People say we look alike. But I don’t see it.
大家说我俩长的很像,但我不这么认为。
Rachel: All right, you guys, I kinda gotta clean up now. (They all start to leave. )
好啦各位,我现在得打扫卫生了。
Monica: Chandler, you’re an only child, right? You don’t have any of this.
钱德,你是独生子,对吗?你没有这些困扰。
Chandler: Well, no, although I did have an imaginary friend, who…my parents actually preferred.
没有,尽管我有个想像中的朋友,我爸妈更喜欢他。
Rachel: Hit the lights, please.
请关下灯。
Ross:…How long was I in there?
我在里面多久了?
Rachel: I’m just cleaning up.
我只是在打扫卫生。
Ross: Oh, you err, you need any help?
哦,呃,你需要帮忙吗?
Rachel: Uh…okay, sure! Thanks! (She hands him the broom and sits down. )
好呀,谢了。
Ross: Anyway…. um…(Starts to sweep. ) So, you uh you nervous about Barry tomorrow?
总之,额,明天要见巴瑞你紧张吗?
Rachel: Oh…a little.
哦,有一点。
Ross: Mmhmm…
嗯。
Rachel: A lot.
很紧张。
Ross: Mm.
嗯。
Rachel: So, got any advice? You know, as someone who’s recently been dumped?
有什么建议吗?作为一个最近刚被甩的人?
Ross: Well, you may wanna steer clear of the word “dumped”.
你应该避免用“甩”这个字眼。
Ross: Chances are he’s gonna be this, this broken shell of a man, you know, so you should try not to look too terrific, I know it’ll be hard.
可能他现在正痛不欲生呢,因此你不该显得神采飞扬,我知道这阶段很艰难。
Ross: Or, you know, I can uh, hey, I’ll go down there, and I’ll give Barry back his ring, and you can go with Carol and Susan to the OB/GYN…
OB/GYN:妇产科,妇产科医师。
这样吧,我拿戒指去还巴瑞,你陪卡萝及苏珊去妇产科做检查。
Rachel: You’ve got Carol tomorrow. When did it get so complicated?
你明天得见卡萝,何时事情变得这么复杂?
Ross: Got me.
你可问倒我了。
Rachel: Remember when we were in high school together?
还记得我们在高中时代吗?
Ross: Yeah.
记得。
Rachel: I mean, didn’t you think you were just gonna meet someone, fall in love and that’d be it?
我是说,你有没想过自己会遇见心上人恋爱,然後就这样一辈子?
Rachel: Ross?
罗斯?
Ross: Yes, yes!
在,在。
Rachel: Oh! Man, I never thought I’d be here.
哦,天呐,没想到自己会沦落到这个地步。
Ross: Hmm…Me neither.
我也是。
Ross: Hi, sorry I’m late, I got stuck at work. There was this big dinosaur…thing…anyway.
抱歉,我迟到了,我工作忙得无法脱身,有个大恐龙。。。之类的事情。
Susan: Hi.
嗨。
Carol: Ross, you remember Susan.
罗斯,记得苏珊吗?
Ross: How could I forget?
我怎能忘记?
Susan: Ross.
罗斯。
Ross: Hello, Susan. Good shake. Good shake.
你好,苏珊,握手有力啊。
Ross: So, uh, we’re just waiting for…?
那么我们在等?
Carol: Dr. Oberman.
欧伯曼大夫。
Ross: Dr. Oberman. Okay. And is he…
欧伯曼大夫,好的,他。。。
Susan: She.
是“她”。
Ross: She, of course, she. She uh familiar with our…special situation?
是“她”,当然了,她。她,她了解我们的特殊状况吗?
Carol: Yes, and she’s very supportive.
了解,而且她非常支持。
Ross: Great. Okay, that’s great. No, I’m Oh.
好,这太好了。不,我只是。
Carol: Thanks.
谢了。
Carol: Ross? That opens my cervix.
cervix:子宫颈。
罗斯,那是用来打开我的子宫颈的。
Rachel: Barry?
巴瑞?
Barry: Come on in.
进来吧。
Rachel: Are you sure?
你确定?
Barry: Yeah! It’s fine, it’s fine. Robbie’s gonna be here for hours.
是的,没事的,没关系的。罗比得待在这儿好几个小时。
Barry: So, how are you doing?
最近好吗?
Rachel: I’m uh I’m okay… You look great.
我,我很好。你的气色好极了。
老友记.本章节注释
spaghetti:意大利面。
latch on:来劲儿。
chubby:胖乎乎的,圆胖的。
shoot for stars:一飞冲天,很有成就的意思。
anecdote:奇闻、轶事。
OB/GYN:妇产科,妇产科医师。
cervix:子宫颈。