Friends Episode 3 Season 1: The one with the thumb.
老友记第1季第3集:飞来横财。
Part1
Phoebe: Hi guys!
大家好!
All: Hey, Pheebs! Hi!
嗨,Pheebs!
Ross: Hey. Oh, oh, how’d it go?
嗨,噢,(约会)怎么样?
Phoebe: Um, not so good.
不是很好。
Phoebe: He walked me to the subway and said “We should do this again!’”
他送我到地铁,说:”我们应该再这样做。”
All: Oh. Ouch.
噢。哎呦。
Rachel: What? He said “we should do it again”, that’s good, right?
什么?他说,“我们应该再这样做”,那是好兆头,不是吗?
Monica: Uh, no. Loosely translated “We should do this again” means “You will never see me naked”.
喔,不,“我们应该再这样做”泛泛地讲意思是“你没机会看到我的裸体了”。
Rachel: Since when?
从什么时候开始的?
Joey: Since always. It’s like dating language. You know, like “It’s not you’” means “It is you”.
一直都是这样。这像是一种约会用语。比如,“问题不是出在你”意思是“就是你”。
Chandler: Or “You’re such a nice guy” means I’m gonna be dating leather wearing alcoholics and complaining about them to you.”
leather: 皮革。
alcoholic: 酗酒者。
或者“你真是个好人”意思是说我要和穿着皮革的酒鬼约会再向你抱怨。
Phoebe: Or, or, you know, um, “I think we should see other people” means “Ha, ha, I already am”.
或者,或者,你知道,呃,”我想我们应该约约其他人”意思是”哈哈,我已经在约其他人了”。
Rachel: And everybody knows this?
你们大家都知道这些?
Joey: Yeah. Cushions the blow.
cushions the blow: 委婉的说辞,善意的谎言(以免说话过于直白,而伤害到他人)。
对,委婉的说辞。
Chandler: Yes, it’s like when you’re a kid, and your parents put your dog to sleep, and they tell you it went off to live on some farm.
没错,就像你小时候,你的父母将狗进行了安乐死,他们会告诉你把它送去了某个农场。
Ross: That’s funny, that, no, because, uh, our parents actually did, uh, send our dog off to live on a farm.
真有意思,不过我们爸妈是真的…… 把我们的狗送去农场了。
Monica: Uh, Ross.
嗯,罗斯。
Ross: What? Wh hello? The Millners’ farm in Connecticut? The Millners, they had this unbelievable farm, they had horses, and, and rabbits that he could chase and it was it w…..
什么?怎么了?康涅狄格州的米勒家农场?米勒家农场,他们有个不可思议的农场,他们有马还有它可供追逐的兔子…
Ross: Oh, my God! ChiChi!
噢,我的天,奇奇!
Chandler: “So how does it feel knowing you’re about to die?”
知道自己不久于人世有何感受?
Joey: “Warden, in five minutes my pain will be over. But you’ll have to live with the knowledge that you sent an honest man to die.”
沃登,我的痛苦将在五分钟内消除而你会因葬送一个诚实的人而痛苦一生。
Chandler: Hey, that was really good!
表演得真好。
Joey: Yeah?
是吗?
Joey: Thanks! Let’s keep going.
谢了,咱们继续吧。
Chandler: Okay. “So. What do you want from me, Damone, huh?”
好,你要我怎么做,迪默,嗯?
Joey: “I just wanna go back to my cell. ‘Cause in my cell, I can smoke.”
我只想回到自己的牢房,因为在牢房我可以抽烟。
Chandler: “Smoke away.”
去抽吧。
Chandler: I think this is probably why Damone smokes in his cell alone.
我想这就是迪默自己一个在牢房里抽烟的原因。
Joey: What?
什么?
Chandler: Relax your hand. Let your wrist go.
wrist: 手腕。
你把手放轻松!手腕自然点。
Chandler: Not so much!
别太过火!
Joey: Whoah!
唔!
Chandler: Hey!
嗨!
Joey: Hey!
嗨!
Chandler: Alright, now try taking a puff.
puff: 一阵喷烟,take a puff是指(抽烟)吸进去。
好的,现在吸一口。
Chandler: Alright…okay. No. Give it to me.
好了,不是这样。把烟给我。
Joey: No no no, I am not giving you a cigarette.
不,不行。我不能给你烟。
Chandler: It’s fine, it’s fine. Look, do you wanna get this part, or not? Here. Alright, Now, Don’t think of it as a cigarette.
好吧,好吧。我无所谓了。你想不想得到这个角色?给我吧。看着,别把它当成香烟。
Chandler: Think of it as the thing that’s been missing from your hand.
把它当成是从你手中遗失的东西。
Chandler: When you’re holding it, you feel right. You feel complete.
当你夹着它,你感觉很好,你感到圆满。
Joey: You miss it?
你很想它?
Chandler: Nah, not so much.
不,不是很想。
Chandler: Alright, now we smoke. Oh…my…God.
好吧,现在吸烟。噢,我的天呀!
Joey: Chandler give me that!
钱德勒,把它给我。
Chandler: No no no. You’ve got options. You can smoke like this.
不,你有几种选择。你可以像这样抽烟。
Joey: Chandler!
钱德勒!
Chandler: Or you can hold it in your mouth and smoke like this.
或者只是把它叼在嘴里这样抽。
Joey: Chandler give me the cigarette! Give me, give me.
钱德勒把烟给我,给我,给我。
Chandler: uh, you try it.
你来试试。
Joey: thank you.
谢谢。
Joey: Okay, how’s this?
这样怎么样?
Chandler: Okay, that’s not bad.
还不坏。
Chandler: All right, now when you are finished, It’s really cool if you flick it. You kinda flick it. You flick it…
好的,当你结束的时候,弹掉它会显得很酷,你就弹一弹。
Chandler: That’s good, all right, you keep practicing…and I will go put out the sofa.
就这样,你继续练习,我去扑灭着火的沙发。
Chandler: I thought it had to do with the size of the guy’s feet.
我认为它和这个人脚的大小有关。
Monica: No, no, no. They say it’s the same as the distance from the tip of a guy’s thumb to the tip of his index finger.
thumb: 大拇指。
index finger: 食指。
不、不、不,他们说长度和男人的拇指尖到到食指尖距离一样。
Joey: That’s ridiculous!
这太荒谬了。
Ross: Can I use…either thumb?
可以用另一只手的拇指吗?
Chandler: I’d rather go with the foot theory.
我宁可相信脚长理论。
Rachel: Alright, don’t tell me, don’t tell me!
来了,别告诉我,别告诉我!
Rachel: Decaf cappuccino for Joey…Coffee black…Latte…And an iced tea.
无咖啡♥因卡布其诺是乔依的,黑咖啡…拿铁和冰茶
Rachel: I’m getting pretty good at this!
我做得越来越好了。
All: Yeah. Yeah, excellent.
对,对,真棒。
Rachel: Good for me!
我真行!
Joey: You okay, Phoebe?
菲此,你没事吧?
Phoebe: Yeah… no… I’m just…it’s, I haven’t worked… It’s my bank.
还好,不,我只是,我真想不通。。。都是我的银行。
Monica: What did they do to you?
他们对你怎么了?
Phoebe: It’s nothing, it’s just… Okay. I’m going through my mail, and I open up their monthly, you know, STATEMENT.
没什么,只是,好吧。我浏览我的信件时,打开他们寄给我的每月,你懂得,账单。
Ross: Easy.
别激动。
Phoebe: And there’s five hundred extra dollars in my account.
然后我户头上多出了500美元。
Chandler: Oh, Satan’s minions at work again…
撒旦的鬼仆又开始活跃了。
Phoebe: Yes, ’cause now I have to go down there, and deal with t hem.
没错,所以现在我得去银行,找他们处理。
Joey: What are you talking about? Keep it!
你在说什么啊?拿着就得了。
Phoebe: It’s not mine. I didn’t earn it. If I kept it, it would be like stealing.
这些钱不是我的,不是我赚来的,如果我留着,那就像是偷来的。
Rachel: Yeah, but if you spent it, it would be like shopping!
对,但如果你花它,那就跟购物一样了!
Phoebe: Okay. Okay, let’s say I bought a really great pair of shoes. Do you know what I’d hear, with every step I took? “Not mine. Not mine. Not mine.”
好吧,好吧。比方说我买了双很棒的鞋。随着我踏出的每一步,你知道我会听到什么吗?“不是我的。不是我的。不是我的。”
Phoebe: Even if I was happy and skipping, I’d hear: “Not not mine. Not not mine.”
即使我很快乐边走边跳,都会听到“不是我的,不是我的”。
Monica: We’re with you. We got it.
我们支持你。我们理解了。
Phoebe: Okay. I’d just I’d never be able to enjoy it. It would be like this giant karmic debt.
karmic:命运的,因果报应的。
嗯,我只是永远无法安心享用它,它就像是一个巨大的罪孽。
Rachel: Chandler, what are you doing?
钱德勒,你在干什么?
Monica: Hey. What are you doing?
嗨,你在干什么?
All: Oh! Oh, gross!
噢,噢,真恶心!
Ross: What is this? !
这是什么?
Chandler: I’m smoking. I’m smoking, I’m smoking.
我在抽烟。我在抽烟。我在抽烟。
Phoebe: Oh, I can’t believe you! You’ve been so good, for three years!
真不敢相信,你三年来一直表现很好。
Chandler: And this is my reward!
所以,这是我的奖励!
Ross: Hold on a second, alright? Just think about what you went through the last time you quit. No, you know what, forget about you, think about what we went through last time you quit.
等等,好吗?好好想想你上次戒烟后是怎么熬过来的。不,不说你了,至少想想上次你戒烟的时候我们是怎么熬过来的。
Chandler: Okay, so this time I won’t quit!
所以,这次我不再戒了!
All: Ohhh! Put it out!
熄掉!
Chandler: All right! I’m putting it out, I’m putting it out.
好吧,我熄掉,我熄掉。
Phoebe: Oh, no! I…I can’t drink this now!
噢,不!我,我现在喝不成了!
Monica: Alright. I’m gonna go change, I’ve got a date.
好了,我要去换身衣服,有个约会。
Rachel: This Alan again? How’s it going?
又是亚伦?进展得如何?
Monica: It’s going pretty good, you know? It’s nice, and, we’re having fun.
一切顺利。很不错,我们在一起很开心。
Joey: So when do we get to meet the guy?
那什么时候带回来让我们认识认识?
Ross: Yeah.
是啊。
Monica: Let’s see, today’s Monday…Never.
我想想,今天星期一…… 永远不。
All: Oh, come on! Come on!
哦,拜托!不要这样嘛!
老友记.本章节注释
thumb: 大拇指。
leather: 皮革。
alcoholic: 酗酒者。
cushions the blow: 委婉的说辞,善意的谎言(以免说话过于直白,而伤害到他人)。
wrist: 手腕。
puff: 一阵喷烟,take a puff是指(抽烟)吸进去。
index finger: 食指。
karmic:命运的,因果报应的。